Friday, January 22, 2010

Saturday morning

My van to Pai picks up here in about 3 minutes. It's a beautiful warm Saturday and I'm sad to leave my new friends in Chiangmai, but happy to go to a new place, see new things and meet new people! Yesterday afternoon I had my last massage class which ended with a surprise hour massage for me. I'm a little sore this morning from some deep stuff she did in my upper back and sacrum, but it was goo-ooo-oood. This morning we had our last session of Ruseri Dat Ton. All of us were feeling some physical and emotional tensions, each for our own reasons, and we talked a lot about the specific breathing practice in this particular style of yoga. It is very unique, unlike anything I've done before. It's meant as a therapy, not an exercise program, and when used right is said to open energy blockages, increase circulation and create a lot of prana (chi, energy) in the body. I'm anxious to try it over the next week. Got my yoga mat, ready to go. To Pai!

1 comment:

Liz Warner said...

Such cool stuff! I want to learn more about this breathing technique! What happened to the Karissa yoga youtube video idea? :) Sounds like you are doing great - totes jealous of all your travels, but so happy for you!