Friday, January 7, 2011

The first week in Koh Phangan

It's been a crappy first week here. Food poisoning struck Emily and I upon our arrival in Koh Phangan on New Years Eve and I just started feeling better today. My classes started on Monday, 6-8 hours of yoga lecture and practice per day. I didn't have the time or energy to find that great beach bungalow so I'm staying in a guesthouse for the next month which has a cute little restaurant, really sweet owners, hot showers (!!) and is quite new and clean. I can be very happy here until I move to a beach bungalow at the beginning of February. Hopefully my regained health lasts and I can enjoy my first day off of the program with some beach time on Sunday. Well, if the rain clears up for a few hours. Apparently we're still getting a late monsoon season which would explain the almost endless rain. Lots to learn, experience, and absorb in the months to come.

I hope your New Years was better than mine. Love and peace in 2011!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

What a great way to start 2011! A year of light, learning, and much love. <3