Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A not so good day

Yesterday was one of those days where things just don't go right. After my 5 5th grade classes - which were tough but not excruciating - I spent a good 2 hours trying to buy my Seoul/Seattle plane ticket online. My co-teacher did everything she could to help me, but in the end it turns out I can't buy my ticket from the Korean website with a foreign credit card. Bummer! So I went to KEB and opened an international account with a check card that will *hopefully* will work online. Fingers crossed. After all that, I found I had locked my keys in my car and was already late to meet someone. Woops! Of course, I don't carry my car insurance information on me so I had to have my co-teacher call someone to come unlock it for $10. I made it to my yoga class at exactly the start time. And then when I got home there was a traffic ticket in my mailbox! Jeju has just installed all these cameras to catch traffic violaters. It seems I ran a red light going 52 km/hr and have to pay a $60 fine. It's still waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper than a similar violation in the States. Lastly, the virus on my home computer is going to require a new operating system because my current one is d*e*a*d. Ah, well. Today is a new day.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Hey K!

I hear ya...the whole credit card stuff is just annoying.Were you able to get everything sorted?
Hopefully your week finished well & you're now chillaxing =)

Have a warm, sunny weekend! =)