Friday, November 28, 2008

Holiday Nostalgia

Today, being the day after Thanksgiving, I moved into the holiday spirit. I decorated my classroom for Christmas, made Hot Buttered Rum (from scratch), and watched a Christmas movie. I'm realizing that the holiday season won't be the same in Korea. I have wonderful friends who are happy to share in the movie watching and holiday foods with me, but I will miss Christmas movies with Debbie, Christmas Cookies with the girls in the family, cheesy Christmas music on the radio, and the excessive decorations and advertisements. Christmas is not celebrated on Jeju to 1/100th of the extent it is in America. There's already talk of a Christmas Brunch in my building and possibly a gift exchange, but I will miss my family. I'm one of those "really-into-Christmas" people...light looking and Gingerbread Lattes make me very happy. Hopefully the weekend before Christmas getaway to the mainland will feed my hunger for Christmas Cheer. And singing Christmas Carols with my 900 students.

Wishing you a wonderful holiday season! Take it all in, I already miss it.

No comments: