Wednesday, August 27, 2008

And they're Off!

This will be my last post from the good old USA. I leave in a few hours for my new home of Jeju Island off the south coast of the Republic of Korea. Everyone I've spoken with in the last few days has been either excited, nervous, or scared half to death of my impending adventure. I don't know what it is, but I'm not the least bit scared. Actually, the scariest thing is getting all of my luggage on the plane, hopefully under the weight limits! (Thanks, Kirstin).

I thought I'd set some goals so I can check in with myself from time to time. So here they are in no particular order.

-Learn to speak and read Korean (Yikes!)
-Improve my classroom teaching skills
-Teach community Yoga
-Take any adventure that comes my way

Of course, being flexible and open minded and not getting too frustrated with myself when I can't communicate with anyone are also ambitions. And keeping in touch with people at home and abroad. I tend to not make enough effort on that front when I travel, so it's officially on the list this time. Fortunately I have a computer (Thanks, Debbie!) and a camera (Thanks, Mom!) which should make things easier.

So this is my blog. I'll try to update it often. I also still have my email address and there will be a telephone number forthcoming in the next few weeks.

Thanks for the well wishers, tearful 'see you laters', and wonderful moments this summer. ...And I'm off!

No comments: